Meet our Physicians
Krishn M. Sharma, M.D.
Dr. Sharma joined Scoliosis and Spinal Surgery in 2009, after having worked with Dr. Taddonio for the prior four years. He is an expert in spinal deformity and complex reconstructive spine surgery for children, teens and adults, and has broad experience in degenerative conditions and deformity correction as well as in the treatment of trauma-caused fractures. He practices state-of-the-art surgical techniques, including minimally invasive back surgery, image-guided (stereotactic), motion sparing and disc replacement surgery. Stereotactic imaging improves the accuracy of spinal instrumentation, leading to safer surgery with decreased neurological complications. Dr. Sharma is published in numerous scientific journals for the SRS and IMAST societies, and has been invited to present at national and international medical conferences.
Dr. Sharma received his medical degree from New York Medical College in Valhalla, New York, where he was inducted into the national medical honor society Alpha Omega Alpha in his junior year. He did his orthopaedic surgery training at Union Memorial Hospital, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, and Shock Trauma Center at University of Maryland in Baltimore, MD. He served as chief resident of Orthopedic Surgery at Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland; and completed his Scoliosis and Spinal Surgery fellowship at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York City before entering private practice.
- Lawrence Hospital Center, Bronxville, NY
- Northern Westchester Hospital, Mount Kisco, NY
- Phelps Memorial Hospital Center, Sleepy Hollow, NY
- Stamford Hospital, Stamford, CT
- Westchester Medical Center and Maria Ferrari Children’s Hospital, Valhalla, NY
- Board Certified
- Fellowship Trained, Pediatric and Adult Scoliosis and Spinal Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Scoliosis Research Society
- New York Medical College/ Westchester Medical Center
- Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons